The AVANTONE "Buttercream (B-series)" mics from Avantone Pro are our premium products designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The AVANTONE BV-12 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the fine vintage tube mics of the 1950's and 1960's...but at a fraction of their cost!
The rugged BV-12 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of BRASS. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Buttercream baked on finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill. The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs.
- Type: Tube-Type True Condenser
- Polar Pattern(s): 9 Patterns selectable at PS-1 Power Supply
- Capsule: Dual-sided 34mm edge-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Sensitivity: -38dB
- S/N Ratio: re 1Pa 78dB
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB (A weighted EC651)< 16 dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin with special power supply and cables
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-1 Power Supply, 115/230VAC selectable
- Included Accessories:
- Wood Box
- 7-pin cable
- Tweed Road Case
- PS-1 Power Supply
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm (9.5" x 1.8")
- Weight: .8kg / 1.8 lb.
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Buttercream Body