The Avantone "Cabernet (C-series)" mics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone CR-14 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the very finest Ribbon mics...but at a fraction of their cost!
Our rugged CR-14 microphone body and inner assembly parts are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and a black grill. The CR-14 has a unique, "retro" body design.
The transformer coupled output will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. Any studio can proudly offer the CR-14 as a guitar cabinet, room mic, drum overheads, vocal mic or utility room mic due to its versatility...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
- Type: Ribbon Microphone
- Polar Pattern(s): Figure of 8
- Ribbon: Dual Ribbon / Pure Aluminum / 35mm x 5mm / 2 microns thick
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 15kHz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=600 Ohms
- Recommended Load: Impedance 3000 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -52 dBv +/- 2dB Re. (0dB=1V/Pa)
- S/N Ratio: 70dB re 1Pa
- Noise Floor: < 17 dBA
- Maximum SPL: 145dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin
- Power Requirement: None
- Included Accessories:
- Padded Wooden Box
- Metal road case
- Dimensions: 1.45" (37mm) x 6.89" (175mm)
- Weight (BV-1 Mic Only): 16 oz (496 grams)
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Glossy Butter-Cream Body