he CDD15-WR is a very high-power, weatherised, passive two-way system designed for outdoor installations that demand the ultimate in sonic performance from a single enclosure and suitable for applications where it will be subject to changing environmental conditions, but sheltered from direct exposure to the elements.
- Compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure
- Outdoor operation when sheltered from direct exposure to elements
- Operating temperature -20°C to +70°C
- Environmentally tested to meet IP54
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free water and particle resistant grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Integral inserts for eyebolt suspension
- Black or white standard colour options
- Outdoor Restaurants
- Hotel Areas
- Nearfield Systems in Outdoor Stadia
- Transport Hubs
- Concourses and Theme Parks
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD15-WR delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns — projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up. Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections — eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape — maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
The visually-distinctive birch plywood enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The CDD15 can be suspended by eyebolts or by means of an optional horizontal weatherised yoke.
Finished in black (RAL9005) or white (RAL9016) as standard, with any RAL colour to order. A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD15-WR should be used with a compatible controller with appropriate limiter settings to provide system protection.
When used with the DX4.0 controller or an iKON amplifier, there are now enhanced DSP and FIR based pre-sets to deliver the absolute maximum performance and fidelity while limiter settings protect the integrity of the system.