As part of the ADORN commercial loudspeaker series, the ACS-55TS is a compact, two-way ceiling speaker designed for background and foreground applications that require premium performance and cost competitiveness.
- Compact two-way ceiling speaker, shallow backcan
- 5.25” (135mm) LF driver and 0.75” (19mm) HF dome tweeter
- Wide 150° conical coverage pattern reduces speaker count required for even coverage
- 70V/100V multi-tap line transformer or 16-ohm low-impedance operation
- Low and high-frequency overload protection
- UL94V-0 rated baffle with zinc-plated steel backcan
- Quick release, bezel-less grille
- Tile rails and C-ring included
- 5-year warranty
- Retail outlets
- Cafes, bars and restaurants
- Museums and Houses of Worship
- Hotels, casinos and concourses
- Transportation facilities
- Boardrooms and reception areas
The ACS-55TS brings full-frequency response, consistent coverage and intelligibility to a wide range of architectural environments — from hotels and concourses to retail outlets, bars and restaurants.
Comprising a 5.25” (135mm) LF driver and a 0.75” (19mm) silk-dome tweeter, the ACS-55TS produces 113dB peak output at 1 metre and has a high-fidelity sonic character ideal for both music and speech reproduction. Its ported design delivers strong bass that extends down to 79Hz.
The wide 150° conical coverage of the ACS-55TS makes it particularly suitable for low ceilings and reduces the number of speakers required for even coverage — leading to a reduction in installation cost. It features a shallow backcan for installation in ceilings with a minimum cavity depth.
It incorporates a high-quality transformer for 70V/100V line operation, with transformer taps selected by a rotary switch accessible behind the powder-coated, perforated steel grille. The switch also provides for 16-ohm low impedance operation — enabling four or more speakers to be driven in parallel from a single amplifier channel. For full-bandwidth protection, the low and high-frequency sections are individually protected against overload by auto-resetting thermal fuses.
The grille is bezel-less for a clean look, its bayonet fitting is easy to remove without the use of tools and finished in white (RAL9016) to match ADORN on-wall loudspeakers and may also be painted to blend with any décor.