12"CDD SPEAKER BLACK or WHITE
- Compact, passive two-way system designed for installations
- Delivers perfect sound across the audience over medium-throw distances
- Including live music, clubs, bars, museums, concourses, exhibition centres & HoW
- Can be used in either horizontal or vertical orientation
- Can be surface-mounted close to a wall or ceiling
- Finished in black (white version pictured)
The CDD12 is a compact, passive two-way system designed for installations that require high output levels. Its high-specification 12” (300mm) LF /1” exit HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver delivers perfect sound across the audience over medium-throw distances.
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD12 delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns — projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up. Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections — eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape — maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
The LF driver has a 2.5” (65mm) voice coil and efficient motor with an aluminium demodulating ring to minimise distortion, while the HF driver utilises a 1.75” (44mm) polyimide diaphragm and features a low-compression phase-plug to reduce non-linearity.
The visually-distinctive composite enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The curved shape of the CDD12 allows it to be surface-mounted close to a wall via an optional wall bracket or suspended from a ceiling by eyebolts or a horizontal yoke option.
Finished in black (RAL9005) or white (RAL9016) as standard, the CDD12 can be supplied in any RAL colour to order.
A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD12 may be used without a controller. However, the EQ and limiter functions of a controller such as the Martin Audio DX0.5, DX1.5 or DX2, or an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP will maximise its capabilities. When used with a CSX subwoofer, crossover and EQ functions can either be performed by the DX0.5, DX1.5 and DX2 system controllers, or by an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP option.
- Compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free perforated steel grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Discreet mounting accessories
- Integral inserts for eyebolt suspension
- Black or white standard colour options
- TYPE: Compact, high-output, Coaxial Differential Dispersion passive two-way system
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 62Hz-20kHz ± 3dB, -10dB @ 50Hz
- DRIVER LF: 12” (300mm)/2.5” (63.5mm) voice coil, long excursion, shared ferrite motor with HF
- HF: 1” (25mm) exit/1.7” (44mm) voice coil, polyimide dome compression driver
- RATED POWER: 300W AES, 1200W peak
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER: MA2.0, MA3.0
- SENSITIVITY: 97dB
- MAXIMUM SPL: 122dB continuous, 128dB peak
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- DISPERSION (-6dB): 110˚-60˚ horizontal, 60˚ vertical (user-rotatable)
- CROSSOVER: 1.9kHz passive
- ENCLOSURE: 38 litre, composite material
- FINISH: Black or white textured paint
- PROTECTIVE GRILLE: Black or white perforated steel with scrim cloth backing
- CONNECTORS: Low profile 20A push-lock
- PIN CONNECTIONS: Left to right: Input+, Input -, Link -, Link+
- FITTINGS: 6 x M8 inserts for wall bracket, 10 x M8 fly points
- DIMENSIONS: (W) 357mm x (H) 571mm x (D) 348mm (W) 14.1ins x (H) 22.5ins x (D) 13.7ins
- WEIGHT: 19.3kg (42.5lbs)