The CDD10-WR is a weatherised very compact two-way passive loudspeaker system suitable for outdoor applications where it will be subject to changing environmental conditions, but sheltered from direct exposure to the elements. It utilises a 10” (250mm) LF/1” (25mm) exit HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver and features a water and particle resistant grille made from zinc plated mild steel with powder coated finish and is suitable for operating temperatures between -20°C to +70°C and environmentally tested to meet IP54.
- Compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure
- Outdoor operation when sheltered from direct exposure to elements
- Operating temperature -20°C to +70°C
- Environmentally tested to meet IP54
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free water and particle resistant grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Integral inserts for eyebolt suspension
- Discreet weatherised mounting accessories
- Black or white standard colour options
- Outdoor Restaurants
- Hotel Areas
- Nearfield Systems in Outdoor Stadia
- Transport Hubs
- Concourses and Theme Parks
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD10-WR delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns — projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up. Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections — eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape — maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
The visually-distinctive composite enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The curved shape of the CDD10-WR allows it to be surface-mounted close to a wall via an optional wall bracket or suspended from a ceiling by eyebolts or a horizontal yoke option A full suite of weatherised accessories are available and fixings on the loudspeaker are stainless steel.
Finished in black (RAL9005) or white (RAL9016) as standard, with any RAL colour to order. A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD10-WR should be used with a compatible controller with appropriate limiter settings to provide system protection.
When used with the DX4.0 controller or an iKON amplifier, there are now enhanced DSP and FIR based pre-sets to deliver the absolute maximum performance and fidelity while limiter settings protect the integrity of the system.